These fajitas are so yummy. They don’t need a lot of explanation. But, I would love to share the recipe with you all. I just did a cooking demo at an event here in Sioux Falls and I cooked up this recipe while I talked about life on the farm, food labeling, and modern agriculture. We served up samples for everyone that came and it was loved by all! We even had a few coming back up for extra! Needless to say it was a hit, for the event and at home!
Sizzling Beef Fajitas
Recipe Type: Main Dish
Serves: 4 people
- 1 lb. of beef stir fry meat
- 1 yellow onion (sliced)
- 1 green bell pepper (sliced)
- 1 yellow bell pepper (sliced)
- 1 red bell pepper (sliced)
- 3 Tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 Tablespoon fajita seasoning (see instructions below for recipe!)
- Soft tortilla shells
- Optional Toppings: cheese, lettuce, sour cream, pico de gallo
- Warm cooking oil in frying pan. Once oil is hot toss in peppers and onions. Continue to stir and toss until cooked thoroughly.
- Once onions and peppers are cooked remove from frying pan to a plate.
- Add meat to the frying pan along with fajita seasoning. This fajita mix recipe is in one of my cookbooks, but feel free to use your own! Makes 3 Tablespoons- 1 T corn starch, 2 t chili powder, 1 t salt, 1 t paprika, 1 t sugar, 1/2 chicken bouillon cube (could also substitute the seasoning), 1/2 t onion powder, 1/4 t garlic powder, 1/4 t cayenne pepper, 1/4 t cumin- Mix all together in a blender or with manual food chopper.
- Continue to stir and flip the meat until completely cooked through.
- Once meat is cooked add the peppers and onions back to the frying pan to warm them with the meat.
- Serve on top of warm tortillas and add whatever toppings you would like!
[…] Sizzling Beef Fajitas […]