This week was my week to cook on the Farm.
Last week I planned out my week, and naturally it didn’t go as planned. I had a terrible stomach bug on Monday and then a couple of days I was missing a couple of guys.
Which is perfectly fine because I had a plan! I recommend planning for cooking weeks at least a week in advance. I have found if I do then everything just works smoother and I don’t find myself throwing things together the night before and I can easily make adjustments the morning of.
I find with planning I have more time to spend with my hubby on Sundays and more time each night to spend as a family together.
Thursday I made this yummy, tasty dish. Compliments of my Grandma. Thanks Gram!
The guys seem to love it and I think it is a fun dish to put together
Pizza In A Bowl
Recipe type: Main Dishes
- 1 lb of hot pork sausage
- 1 lb of mild pork sausage
- 1 package of pepperoni
- 4 cups of noodles (rotini or macaroni or whatever kind of mood you are in!)
- 2 packages of mozzarella cheese (sometimes I throw in some parmesan for fun!)
- 1 can of pasta sauce
- 1 tsp of Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp of garlic
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Cook your noodles. Drain.
- Brown sausage and drain off the grease.
- Mix sausage, pepperoni, and about 2 cups of cheese together.
- Add noodles, spaghetti sauce, and seasonings.
- Mix together.
- Add all to a 9x13 casserole dish and sprinkle the last of the cheese on top.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
**Now, my guys here on our farm don’t like adding veggies to the dish…but if you find your household or farm love veggies…add some green peppers and onions…mushrooms- whatever you put on your pizza!
**Since we are a BEEF farm, I sometimes make this dish with ground beef and it taste just as yummy. Or mix it with pork sausage and ground beef. Both are delicious!
**Double the recipe and make a freezer dish- tastes just as yummy a few months later. This was one of my pregnancy meals that I planned before I had our daughter and worked great for those weeks of cooking for the farm and I didn’t feel like doing anything!